Monday, October 30, 2006

The Fish

My new fish seems to think that he is an eel or something. Most times, I see him dragging his tail at the bottom of the beautiful fishbowl; left to right and right to left. Somehow, no amount of food seems to be able to entice the stupid fish to swim up to the surface.

Like any self-respecting mother, I gave him a few lashing of my own…. “Swim up to the surface, you lazy bum!” and “You better work those fins!”

Suddenly, my frustration grew into fear and concern.

I thought to myself. “Could the fish actually be crippled? Or struck with some life-threatening disease?” But I guess, as long as he doesn’t swim sideways, it should be fine.

I could only pray that, maybe, it is a case of performance anxiety playing tricks. You know how some guys are in a new environment – shy and not able to display their prowess.

For now, I guess, he just likes to play the role of a slimy eel.

Guys, sometimes, you just cannot figure out what they are thinking of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Plastic,

din know that you are a mermaid. U actually gave birth to a fish. Eh... just out of curiosty, does mermaid has a CB? If yes, where??

Yours truly,
VP