Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Swept Away

Why is it getting more and more difficult to be totally swept away these days?

I remember a time where a simple gesture was enough to sweep me off my feet and into the arms of eternal romance. A time where love was grand and ditsy. A time when love is all about sparks and tingles…… nothing else.

But not these recent years……

This is a time of love with practicality and a little dash of precautionary measures. Will this love last? Is it a compatible match? Does it bring good sex? What is the future?

It seems like, as we age, we find a need for alot more safety nets. And a need for love to be the answer for everything that does gone wrong.

But love is not and never was. It is exactly the opposite.

Love is about throwing caution to the wind, about risks and sacrifices. It is the impetus for doing something silly, something funny and something irrelevant, getting hurt and enjoying every moment of it.

And yes, Love can be wrong and brings you to tears too, simply because love is love.

When we bring love down to earth, ironically, we’ve lost it.

So while age will rob away my youth, I refuse to let it take away the love from me, the child in me and lightness of my heart.

I will be swept away once more.

No comments: