Tuesday, June 20, 2006

DOWN AND OUT

When I get down and out, wallowing in my own sorrows; there always seem to be constant reminders that I should stop being a whiny self-absorbing bitch.

It is amazing that I could be so oblivious to the fact that some of my friends most probably need that loving care, concern and a change of luck much more than me. And I could never imagine myself trading places with them.

As I start counting my blessings, I realized how much had been taken for granted and so little has been given to others. It is a shame that for the vastness of this world, my problems seemed to be larger than life. For the infinite possibilities that the world provides, I am confined within my own boundaries.

Suddenly the notion of the princess mulling and sulking over career and love (while people I know are battling to find a decent living, fear of losing loved ones and some, even their own) is so non-consequential.

With perspectives firmly put in place, the world just seems to be so much bigger now than my problems could ever fill.

2 comments:

MOMAXX said...

Is this after Angelina Jolie's interview on CNN?

Plastic Princess said...

No..... Its real life account from friends.... You know, at our age now, we are really seeing more deaths and more health crisis of people we know.

Its frightening....