Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Princess Happy Meal

In one of the rare occasions, the commoner's princess uplifted her status as she dines with the very beautiful and poised "Party of Two" in one of the town's most celebrated Japanese restaurant. (definitely not Frumpy Housewife and Lady "V")

For a meal that costs almost a hundred bucks each, the princess would had usually moaned and groaned ,kicking a fuss over the exorbitant price...

After all, the princess' money doesn't exactly grow on trees and seafood is seafood regardless if it is cooked or uncooked; and no matter what weird word the Japanese have for them!

Strangely, nothing of that sorts happened that night. I must have either been under the influence of my "Party of Two" whom makes such a meal seemed all so ordinary ..... or could it be that sake the waitress had just served?

No matter, I was glad that I had not made any complaints that would have spoilt the mood for dinner... It was definitely worth every cent of the hundred bucks.

The sashimi (tuna belly and scallop) was so good that it simply roll off the tongue and slide down the throat immediately. Such freshness never tasted before.... And I just adore that melt-in-your-beef that was served next.... OiSHi!!! (Delicious in Japanese, I think)

The Land of the white-powdered ladies seems to have mastered the art of good food without much cooking!

So, there is really a difference between cooked and uncooked seafood....

As I swallowed the last piece of the succulent prawn (yes... uncooked too), I was over the moon with such a delectable dinner....

Unfortunately, my soul was whacked with guilt.... my sudden realisation of the difference between the privileged and the rest of the people

I started thinking about the people whom cant afford and would most probably never have a chance to enjoy this meal. My thoughts then wandered far to our ancestors whom really "showed us the way"..... and to us taking everyday luxury in life for granted...... and we being really a bunch of spoilt brats complaining about our miserable lives....

Well, I must admit that it was a short-lived reflection of life (as always the case) because the green tea ice cream had brought the princess comfortably back to the world of excesses and decadent indulgence.....

Deep in my heart, I really wish I could begin to be more appreciative of my life and be more mindful of the situations that others more unfortunate than us are in....

It is an uphill task I know... But if uncooked seafood can command such an exorbitant price.... Nothing is impossible!!!

2 comments:

MOMAXX said...

What place is this? The celebrated Queen of the commoners shall make a trip when she toured Asia this September!

Plastic Princess said...

"SUn WIth Moon" at Chjimes... U will love it.. :)

And welcome back in September!!!! See u soon