Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Big Voice Technique

An interesting recommendation on the usage of the voice this week....

When in doubt, always use the booming big voice. It works well for the big occasions, I was told. But as adventurous as I am, I have my reservations about this, even if its gonna help.

Because, in this part of the world where being demure is a goddess-like virtue, booming voice just seemed like a no-no.....

The charming radio personality encouraged me further, lose your inhibitions, dear. You know you can do a big booming voice if the situation calls for it.

Yeah, I guess so.

But, like all nice and decent girls, there is only one situation that I know might be appropriate to shed all inhibitions and have a booming voice - in the privacy of the bedroom.

And I really really do it very well there.

Suddenly, it occurs to me, perhaps this is also why the loud bitches at the workplace gets all the praises and promotions. They are not afraid to shed their inhibitions and use their boom boom voice either at the boardroom or the bedroom. For them, they need not differentiate between the two rooms, like we decent girls do.

And as much as I hate them, I must admit I do secretly admire those bitches for their confidence.

In this cut-throat corporate environment, where it takes everything to get ahead of your competitor...... My take is that we have got to sweep our goddess-like virtue under our beds and use the "boom boom voice without inhibitions" technique to put us two steps ahead of our arch rival..........

Irregardless of whether it is a bedroom performance or a boardroom war.

3 comments:

I still play with dolls said...

sigh - how true. Talk softly at work and people think you are a pushover. :(

I still play with dolls said...

And oh, in reply to your comment in my blog, the brown cat is Chocky - he is the gangsta in da house! The other cat is terrified of him when Chocky is in one of his moods. =P

Thanks for your compliments on my dolly collection. I am currently trying to scale down a lil' on my blythe collection as both blythes and dollfies (midori) aren't the only dolls that I own. They also co-exist with my barbie collection (mainly silkstones)which I do not play with as they are solely for display. Are you a barbie collector too? I see that barbie in your avatar.

Plastic Princess said...

Hello :) Ms "i still play with dolls"..... Thanks for ur reply

No, i dun really collect dolls... (maybe guys.. heehee). But i really love them.... and the way you pose them are really cute and sweet!! haahaa...

hmmm... That barbie is kind of special to me.. My friend designed the dress himself but gave it to me.. So i guess its one of its kind too... Its a, what i would call, Laura Ashley Barbie!!

A perfect theme for my wedding next time....