Sunday, April 16, 2006

A RUde Awakening

The sleeping princess woke up one particular Saturday morning feeling rather pissed off...... at everything.... It was as if there was a pea underneath my mattress bothering me the whole night before.

Could it be the side-effect of consecutive Friday nights of clubbing taking its toil ,I thought to myself?

Then, I decided the mind must have finally lost its patience after seeing the princess waking up day after day after day of mindless work, loveless situations and still no hope for an early comfortable retirement.

The vision of the princess with her prince beneath the tree under the clear blue skies filled with white clouds and her rainbow on a weekday afternoon where work is no more a necessity was fast fading away.....

In a do-or-die situation that called for immediate remedy of my so-called life, I jumped out of bed and leaped into action almost instantaneously, hoping that it is not already too late!!

Full of renewed determination, I decided that I will make work as fun as possible as it can be for me, even if it means quitting!!! Next, using my very professionally trained mind, I counted my entire savings to date and draw out a number of alternatives to lead me to my early retirement; start a very profitable business, strike lottery, make a killing on the stocks-market or marry an old, rich man!

Love? I guess I just got to keep praying that the right man comes along before my beauty and my sense of eternal faith in love runs out....

For a quick fix-me-up, the ever glamour princess, marched down to the latest hippest fashion must-have hideaway for some cheer-me-ups therapy.... And of course, a little clubbing on a Saturday night might help a little too, I guess......

So, Sunday morning.....

The princess woke up feeling more pissed than Saturday. The damn pea!!

1 comment:

I still play with dolls said...

lol! Vicious cycle you've got there =P