Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rainy Days Thoughts

Across the nation, the abnormal frequency of sudden downpour had forced the princess to seek solace in the comfort of her home during the weekend.....

While the rain was nothing at all like the intensity of Hurricane Katherina, threatening to destroy the whole country, it was enough to plunge one right into depression....

Rain Kate (bestowed by the princess) had become the outgoing princess' greatest enemy for the weekend.....

I was lost and a prisoner in my own palace.... not knowing what to do.... Spaced out on the couch in front of the telly....

In that unexpected moment, the princess suddenly begin to experience an awakening.

I could hear my own breathing for the first time in many months.... The physical silence and the emptiness of the mind that had initially confused me now had a tranquil effect on me...

It then dawned upon me that perhaps i had never stopped to listen to my soul even for a single moment. The body and mind had been rushing from one place to another, one idea to the next and one man to another....

Nothing was really appreciated though much had been accomplished.

It also made the princess realised that maybe, afterall, i might actually enjoy the quiet domesticated life a little more than the glam-wham-fast-moving lifestyle that i am usually accustomed to........

After a few hours or so, Rain Kate died down...

Before she left, she whispered into the princess' ears... "experience each moment throughout your life, do not pass them by"


And the princess shared her words of wisdom to Rain Kate too.... "World Peace and ....less rain"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the Princess just had an insight into the joy of meditation... it anchors your mind into the present moment, bringing with it peace and serenity..

I still play with dolls said...

Yes quiet moments like those you've described are good. I always enjoy those especially during those weekends that I don't go out and it gives me time to settle down and re-group.

I have not been staying home for the past 2 weekends and look forward to doing so this weekend. :)

Btw, thanks for stopping by and commenting at my site.

Gary said...

I love those moments.