Saturday, March 18, 2006

Beyond Fear – ‘V’ for Vendetta

I am sure anyone whom had seen the movie ‘V’ for Vendetta would realize what it means to live beyond fear.

A movie, which in my opinion, is one of the year’s most powerful & impacting shows so far, scoring high on entertainment value as well.


After the show, I was left to ponder, whether like Evey (Natalie Portman’s character in the show) that i am also able to live beyond my fears and transcends into living for an idea.

While man dies and can be forgotten, the ideas they represent last forever, passing on from a person to the next, one century to another. (The really good ideas of course and not some crap)


Many of us, including me, are so trapped by our own fears and insecurities because we see ourselves as only physical beings with limitations. So afraid that we suddenly lost our ideas and our dreams.

But I believe that we are more than the sum of our parts and not just mere physical shell. If we believe strong enough in our ideas, they will become us and we become indestructible and eternal as a result.

So many of us have dreams and goals buried deep within us that would most probably stay there until the day we die. And why?

The fear of consequences or ridicule?

The lack of true burning desire? or

A realistic measure of self-worth?

If we, like Evey, can overcome the notion of shame, death and weakness of the man, we too can become fearless in the pursuit of our dreams. And it wouldn’t matter if it can come true during our lifetime's effort ......Because our ideas and hopes do not stop with us. It just get passed on and on until it is accomplished eventually some day.

So there, to all my darling friends, do not let anything hold u back from your dreams. You go, Girl!! Guy!! errr...... Whatever..

From this moment, I am gonna start living my own idea. I am gonna be a rich bitch who never gives a damn....

And I am gonna achieve that slowly but surely.

Trust me as you trust your ideas.

1 comment:

Ethanity said...

"As for the world's all-too-comfortable resignation to being phobic to religion,race & orientation without the will to root out the why or the compulsion to address it, that's as sad as it is inexcusable." ...but you are not one of them : ) that's what makes you different. You are P for Precious : ) I enjoy your thinking cap entry Princess