Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Piece Of Good Advice - Sex Really Sells

A certain 'well-known to some' radio personality gave me this piece of advice one evening. Sex sells in radio advertising. Of course, he was referring to the use of voice and its intonation. He then added, sex sells even in the corporate boardroom.

Imagine a room full of people, all defensive and ever ready to pounce on you at any moment. And imagine a seductive voice that breaks down the defenses and hostility built around them.

With a voice like his, I must say, Sex sells anywhere. Anyway, i guess sex sells with or without sound too...... But thats another thingy, of course.

Deciding to put thoughts into action for my presentation the very next day, I woke up sexy. I wore sexy and I even walk sexy all the way from east to west. And when it came to the crunch, low husky sexy voice was all i am.

From time to time, as I glanced across the boardroom for audience response, I was so darn proud of myself. The usual hostility was gone. I had actually managed to break down defenses and bring a light smile on most faces with just a clever switch of my tone. I never knew the power of voice manipulation until today. If only i knew it earlier, sex wouldnt just be a physical word for me.

Most gratefully, I found little resistance to my ideas of painting the office wall pink and placing daisy on every workspace to motivate staff. Just kidding........

I mean I expected lesser resistance to change suggestion but it was full hypnosis that I had performed here; corporate tigers turned cats.

Wow!!! If only i had brought along my lomo cam for this picture perfect moment.

Well, lesson of the day. I guess, like me, a true princess will never be afraid of sex and will always use it for a good cause ; )

1 comment:

MOMAXX said...

God, has your voice changed from 3 years ago? If not, the giggles in the boardroom may be due to......er..