Sunday, March 12, 2006

Free Upgrades???

Is the notion of constantly upgrading and improving ourselves an inherent behavior in all of us? I have always thought of it as a global propaganda to get us hooked to the idea of constant progress that we all lose track of the important things in life.

Bigger rocks, Better cars, Larger apartments had always been the main reason why I worked and worked so hard. It wasn't until one day that I realized how deeply addicted to this misguided notion I am.

And it all began with my pet fish, Princess Baby Blue, otherwise known as P.Babe.....
P.Babe was first bought just a few months ago upon the instruction of a highly sought-after Feng Shui master.

(Well, that wasn't exactly the instruction given)

Actually, I was advised to keep water plants for luck-improvement reasons due to a recent spate of bad luck . (And yes, even princess gets down and lost at times.)

It started off as plants in a glass vase. And then, I thought if I am keeping water plants, I may as well start an aquarium. So P Babe became part of the family. Soon after, the plant doesn't seem to be good enough for my fish. SO bigger newer plants replaced the older ones. But bigger plant cramped the glass vase. So a BIGGER vase was bought to accommodate the plants.

Within months, I had moved on to an extra fish, a bigger plant and a brand-new vase.

Same goes with life in general. We are never satisfied.

But sometimes, it's worth every effort, just like my luck that keeps improving with every upgrade. Likewise, our life should also improve with every progress made too.

But will there come a point in time where i will finally realise that enough Is enough?

And that even though there will always be a better man, the current one (that is, when i find my perfect prince) is good enough for me and the rest of my life.

I definitely hope so.....

No comments: