Monday, March 27, 2006

Pan-Asian Beauty

Hi....

For those who do not know me, let me introduce myself:

I am a pan-Asian beauty..... Half of my parentage is Chinese, the other half almost British and the rest is a touch of Korean. And that's what makes me beautiful and unique, according to the general consensus I observed so far.

However, I notice recently that there appears to be imposters amongst us.... It seems that, increasingly, a certain group of people had gone around pronouncing the mixed parentage in them when i cant tell the difference in them.

In fact, most of these people looked totally like they are 100% of a certain race that it almost seemed that they are ashamed of their race (or main race). Ridiculous.

More ridiculously are the ones who truly take pride in the fact that they cant speak their own language. I mean, where is truly the pride in this? Is English such a superior language worth sacrificing your mother tongue over it? Does it bring you closer to being a pure non-Asian or makes you a pan-Asian? Or makes you more superior than your own race?

Or does it just show that you are indeed too challenged to be an efficient bilingual?

Well, whomever we are, I do hope that we are proud of who we are and not seek to pretend to be someone else.

So to set the record straight, I am not of mixed parentage. I am a true blue princess of a single race whom embraces all races and religions as long as you are cute....

No comments: