Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Princess Cosmopolitan


What becomes of friendship and love when they are constantly under threat in this new century where overseas mobility appears to be the norm?

Just a few years back, all of my friends were very localized..... And now, some have flown to New York (a very drama but glamorous gd friend of mine, last heard to have under gone a sex change operation and happily married in NY, which is by the way, the most bizarre rumor I've heard so far), Australia, Hong Kong, China and whatever.....

Of course, I do make new friends from the likes of Taiwan, Indonesia and States too, whom are so often flying in and out, in and out......

But wherever the location..... The dynamics of the relationships are never the same ..... The fact is, physically, they cant be around you when you need them the most....... Sharing your tears of joy, hugging you in your moment of fear and even chiding you for the silliest bimbotic thoughts right at your face.....

And what about love? I had always felt apprehensive about long-distance relationship or relationship with another nationality.

But I guess I do need to re-evaluate my stand now, considering how many of the people I've met recently are locals. Or that maybe the princess is just no longer getting any younger and so cannot afford to choose... :)

Whatever the reasons....... I believe there is always a glimmer of hope in this new development.... I am truly happy for friends who had fulfilled their overseas dreams and greatly appreciate having new friends from all across the world showing me the vastness of human kindness and care.


And of course, I AM MOST excited about all the different variety of hunks the world has to offer to me :)


But whatever the changes, we should always cherish and make good of what is thrown at our face.... .... Like a true-blue princess, I will never forget my beautiful friends out there somewhere (with or without a change in sex).

And right here at home, i will do my duty to be the most beautiful princess ambassador that people around the world will ever know.....


World Peace to all.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The princess shouldn’t be afraid of getting older.. as she (a.k.a the eternal Goddess) ages.. the charismatic divinity that emanates from her very essence grows in intensity and this draws lesser beings towards her sphere of influence... thus she is never short of companionship nor friends...